[PRWEB Apr 22, 2005] Communitelligence.com, the knowledge portal for communications, PR and marketing professionals has added seven new expert-led communities on a range of communications topics ranging from Internal Branding to Crisis Communications to Leader Speak and Hard Fun. The site now has 30 communities focused on its mission of improving organizational and interpersonal communication. The new Communitelligence communities, leaders and missions are:
– Internal Branding led by Allan Steinmetz, CEO and founder of Inward Strategic Consulting. Mission: To explore, discuss ideas, methods and tactics of internal branding that recognize the power of employee engagement and creation of a customer centric culture and its impact on business performance.
– Crisis Communication led by Rene Henry, consultant and author of six books including Marketing Public Relations. Mission: To assemble crisis communications best practices.
– Hard Fun led by Paula Bartholome, Corporate Jester and Founding Principal of Parallax. Mission: To explore the collective wisdom about creating and sustaining environments that promote creativity, demonstrate energy and are a source of growth for organizations and the people in them….henceforth known as “hard fun” workplaces. According to Bartholome, “Learning is a crucial competence in today’s workplaces – not training per se, but the kind of learning that occurs when you are really interested in pursuing something for the satisfaction of doing it and having it matter. This community is about identifying ‘hard fun’ and exploring how to create opportunities for it to mutually benefit employees and organizations.”
– Leader Speak led by Jim Warda, author, speaker, columnist, leadership consultant. Mission: Putting humanity and sincerity back in leadership communication to get better results.
– Business Strategy led by Operations & Strategic Planning, Cisco Systems, Inc. Mission: Regardless of how you define it, strategy is an important element of any organization’s success. This forum will help advance the understanding and practice of strategic management and create a community that links business strategy and communication.
– Public Relations led by Barbara Puffer, President, Puffer Public Relations Strategies, Promotions & Publishing. Mission: Nearly every definition of the management function public relations includes “mutually beneficial relationships.” Here we will share the best practices, latest trends, and leading edge successes between organizations and the publics they are reaching. Whether your project is large, small, strategic or tactical, this is the forum to highlight and recognize both the tried and true as well as new ideas.
– Humor At Work led by Malcolm Kushner, AFHC, Curator, Museum of Humor.com. Mission: To explore, develop and share applications of humor as a communication tool while having a few (or few hundred) laughs. Humor can command attention, defuse conflict and motivate employees, colleagues and customers.
– Change Communications led by Carol Kinsey Goman, President, Kinsey Consulting Services, has added a co-leader: Brad Whitworth, a senior communications executive with a number of Fortune 20 companies.
Communitelligence is continuing to recruit expert leaders for new communities being launched. Current open communities include Blogging For Business, Performance/ROI, HR Communications, Interpersonal Communications, Communications Breakdown, Ethics and Storytelling.
Communitelligence.com launched last year as the first global knowledge-sharing portal serving communications, PR and marketing professionals. The site brings together the vast world of communications – associations, events, training, jobs, news, trends, knowledge, leaders, topic experts and businesses serving this market.
Communitelligence memberships, which allow full access to the site, are currently free. All members and communication organizations are invited to add their listing to the Communitelligence Marketplace Directory, and contribute to all the self-publishing sections including Calendar, News, Discussion, Wisdom, Document Exchange, Surveys, Freelance Gallery, Jobs, Resource Links, and Diversions.