Intranets can be political hot potatoes. Don’t let politics and executive whims drive your strategy. Use sound user research and a strong collaboration process to ensure a great virtual employee experience. This session will help you:
- Gather and discover real needs and requirements connected to business goals
- Know which research method to use when; prepare for your research using some of Eloquor’s tools
- Evaluate results effectively and connect these to business goals
- Use a strong collaboration process to get the right people engaged
Led by Stacy Wilson
Client whisperer, teacher, author, Stacy Wilson, ABC, is a veteran of three decades of leadership at the crossroads of communication and technology. As president of Eloquor Consulting, she helps employees of organizations communication and collaborate effectively using technology. She has led communication teams in healthcare and telecommunications, and consulted for global organizations in mining, oil and gas, logistics, consumer products and more. She has served as a trainer for IABC, Communitelligence, Advanced Learning Institute, Melcrum Communications, Ragan Communications and Marcus Evans. Wilson is a regular blogger on her own blog and for other organizations.
Stacy believes that:
- Every corporate employee deserves the right tools and processes to enable effective work
- Communicators must courageously lead the integration of communication and technology to support collaboration
- As a consultant, she must serve clients as guide, teacher and collaborator to enable their present and future success
Stacy’s Assumptions About the Future of the Intranet & Digital Workplace
- The intranet is the core of a larger digital experience for employees.
- Employees don’t care what technology you use, or how you refer to it. They just want it to help them be effective.
- The ability to fully leverage technology for effective collaboration is a differentiator for attraction, retention and success.
- The digital workplace is evolution; however you refer to it, it’s never done.
Stacy’s passions: Technology, strategy, music, sewing and travel (often in combination). My professional cause is to ensure a better experience for employees by helping organizations realize effective collaboration through technology.
Moderated by John Gerstner
John Gerstner, CEO and founder of Communitelligence, is a strategic communications leader whose work has spanned 30 years and 30 countries on five continents. He has career experience as an internal communications and intranet manager, consultant, marketer, website developer, video producer, book author, magazine editor, photo-journalist, conference producer, radio announcer and public speaker. Previously he managed diverse communication assignments at John Deere. These included launching John Deere’s internal communication program and intranet, serving as the company’s first manager of environmental and safety communications and authoring an award-winning coffee-table history book, Genuine Value: The John Deere Journey. John was named an IABC Fellow in 2015, the highest honor the association confers to communicators who have significantly impacted their organizations, IABC and the communication profession.
John’s Passions: All things web, intranet, corporate communications, family, church, travel, photography, art, music and … tennis anyone? “I’ve learned from many smart and talented corporate communicators throughout my career. I’m excited about creating this circle where critical conversations can happen that will advance organizations, careers and the profession.”