How many change programs have you seen failing for the want of effective communications? But, getting people to change their behaviors need not be too difficult!
This webinar looks at the role of communications during change and suggests a set of common sense steps that deliver great and impactful employee communications. Beginning by exploring the ways in which communicators aid change programs we’ll explore the difference between day to day change and deep transformation. And we’ll look at how data makes the difference between clever tactics and adding adding strategic value.
By attending this session we’ll cover:
- A formula for understanding the role of communications in any communications program
- A five step model for planning communication
- The data you’ll need before you start and how to use your evaluation to guide senior leaders to make better decisions about communications
- The importance of working with line managers above all other channels
- Advice on maintaining momentum over the life of a change program
The aim of this session is to help attendees:
- Ask the right questions about setting objectives for communications strategies so that they develop plans that have real impact on change
- Make choices about the data they need and the research approach they should adopt
- Plan campaigns in logical steps
This course is aimed for anyone who who wants to deliver change communications that shift behaviors. Participants will be involved in planning and developing communications strategies
Your Course Instructor – Liam FitzPatrick
Liam FitzPatrick is a highly experienced change communicator who has worked around the world on change programmes for over 20 years. His experience spans multiple sectors including government, transport, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, travel and tourism, automotive, higher education, not for profit and retail. Liam has supported change programmes including redundancies, site closures, health and safety, quality and the launch of new business strategies.
He is the lead author of Internal;Communication: a manual for practitioners and has spoken and published internationally on the subject of change communications. (Note: Internal Communications is available in the US from Amazon.com. For a 20% discount everywhere else use discount code MKTICCI at www.koganpage.com)
Liam is a Fellow of the UK Chartered Institute of Public Relations and Vice Chair of the IABC’s Global Communications Certification Council.